Who Can Apply
Under the LIFE act and Amendments of 2000 a US Citizen may now petition to bring their fiancé and that persons unmarried children under 21 years of age to the U.S. The K1 Fiancé Visa allows applicants to enter the US for 90 days in order for the marriage ceremony to take place.
You may apply for the K1 Fiancé Visa if you can prove U.S. Citizenship and proof of intent to marry within 90 days of the fiancés arrival to the U.S. Additionally applicants must prove that the betrothed have met at least once within 2 year of the petition being filed. There is an exemption to this rule if applicants can prove that this rule would violate strict and long-established customs of either of the applicants foreign culture or social practices. Limitations apply to individuals who have applied for the K1 petition for two or more beneficiaries previously or have an approved K1 petition in the last two years.
What You'll Need
Additional documents may be required.
- Birth certificate or Certificate of Naturalization of U.S. Citizen
- Birth certificate of fiancé
- Proof of prior marriages being terminated (if applicable)
- Proof of intent to marry within 90 days of entry
- Proof of U.S. Citizen and fiancé meeting in the previous 2 years
- Two passport photos of U.S. Citizen and fiancé
$4,000 includes adjustment (additional fees pay apply).