Schedule A Consultation! 425-250-8110


Who Can Apply

The U Visa, also known as U nonimmigrant Visa was created for the victims of crimes who suffered mental and or physical abuse and cooperated with law enforcement and or prosecutors in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity.

In order to qualify an applicant must be a victim of a qualifying crime. Such crimes include abduction, abusive sexual contact, blackmail, domestic violence, extortion, false imprisonment, genital mutilation, assault, fraud in foreign labor contracting, hostage, incest, involuntary servitude, kidnapping, manslaughter, murder, obstruction of justice, peonage, perjury, prostitution, sexual assault, rape, slave trade, torture, trafficking, and other related crimes. To qualify the crime must have taken place in the U.S. and the applicant must also provide evidence to establish the requirements.

If an applicant is younger than 21 years of age they may include in their application their spouse, children, parents, and any unmarried siblings that are younger than 18. Applicants 21 years and older can only petition for their spouse and children.

The U Visa is valid for 4 years and grants work authorization. Every year only 10,000 visas are available for the U Visa category and they are handed out on first come first served bases. If one is approved for the U Visa and a visa is not immediately available, the applicant is put on a wait list until a visa becomes available. During their waiting period applicants may apply for work authorization. Once a visa becomes available the applicant will be notified.

Eventually an applicant and those included in their application have the option to apply for a green card. To apply for a green card, applicants must be able to prove that they continuously resided in the US for a minimum of 3 years since on the U Visa and didn't refuse to assist law enforcement since receiving the U Visa. If a family member was not included initially in the U Visa there is still a chance they are eligible to apply for a green card when the time comes. If you wish to apply for the U Visa or simply wish to learn more, our attorney's at World One Law Group would be happy to consult with you.  

Book Appointment

Contact Us Today

World One Law Group is committed to answering your questions about immigration law issues. We offer consultations and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

World One Law Group
Mon: 10:00am - 06:00pm
Tue: 10:00am - 06:00pm
Wed: 10:00am - 06:00pm
Thu: 10:00am - 06:00pm
Fri: 10:00am - 06:00pm